Google
 

Friday, May 2, 2008

Getting back to Sunset Yoga - Yoga with Nina Pileggi level 2

I attended my first class at Sunset Yoga after being gone for 3 weeks. Level 2 with Nina. She was happy to see the ropes I brought back that will be hung soon on the wall. The class almost seemed like a continuance from Nuvana's class yesterday. A lot of shoulder work with Adho Mukha Svanasana, Chaturanga Dandasana, and then on to Adho Mukha Vriksasana (Hand Stand). I completely bombed on the hand stand, as I did in Pune. The 2 months of sciatic pain and scant attendance and practice is the culprit. I was just too tired. We then started on some quad work and gently back bends mostly geared towards getting into Setu Bandh Sarvgasana by the wall. That was hard. I was sweating and so was most of the class. It was a good work out and I got some baby steps before I get back to the Level 3 class. Nina also gave me a book on Medicine and Yoga, which I forgot at the center despite her reminder to not. My absent mind! There is a whole section on my recently discovered lumbar spondilysis. Forward Bends , but no back bends. I need to read it and will report back here on what they have to say.

Coming back to classes at home, I realized how much I missed the tranquility of the classes at Sunset Yoga and Nina's gentle and demonstrative style of teaching as compared to rampant instructions at Pune. They are all different shades of grey. I have learn't to appreciate the beauty in all these styles and diversity in teaching of yoga. If we could only appreciate such diversity in life. Have tranquility, peace, patience and a smile in our lives, by letting go of our ego and anger. This world would be a much peaceful and happier place to live.


Namaste

The Yogi

No comments: