Google
 

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day to be inspired and re-inspired - Recent TV Interview of BKS Iyengar

I found this video on You Tube. Its a TV appearance of Guruji in May of this year on NDTV, one of the news channels in India. Though there maybe thousands of Iyengar Yoga Centers worldwide - there are just handful in India listed on bksiyengar.com, the latest on in New Delhi which he inaugurated in May.

I had a moment of re-inspiration watching this video. It took him three days to transform Yehudi Menuhin. It took me one 90 minute Iyengar yoga class with Nuvana in a Gym one sunday in January 2006. I hope more vibrant youth of India is inspired to take up Iyengar Yoga.

I feel the irony in all this. Iyengar Yoga had to come to the west to go back to India and I feel lucky to be part of this movement. The world has taken heart to Iyengar Yoga. They have studied it further, practiced it, researched it, analyzed it, and enhanced it. Every year nearly 1000 of these amazing teachers and students go to Pune India and invest their time, energy, money and most importantly invest their faith and love for BKS Iyengar at RIMYI. They then come back and spread the knowledge and what they learn in Pune at RIMYI to the rest of the world.

My hats off to all of you, my teachers, as you have transformed me and my life and I am fortunate to be part of that world.

Namaste

The Yogi

No comments: